Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The mommy's weekend

Good morning! On Saturday night I was driving home by myself and was rear ended while I was trying to turn. The driver was very young, I would say late teen early twenties. Jim's car was fine and so was her's. The only thing wrong that I did not realize at the moment I talked with her was my neck. Here is what I did wrong that hopefully anyone reading this will learn too: never leave the scene of the accident without calling police. The young girl gave me her phone number and her name. I called the police when I got home realizing I might need a report to have my insurance cover me for medical on my neck. I called the police and they took down my info and told me to drive to the police station on Sunday to make the report. Ok..so I did that on Sunday. When I spoke to the officer she told me if I did file a report I would get a ticket as well as the young girl because it was illegal to leave the scene? I was like what? I had no clue!
The really strange part is right after the accident I called my best friends (who I had just left from being with) and told them what had happened and they told me to report. My friend's husband works as a fire fighter/paramedic so I figured he would know what I should do...the really odd thing that happened was on Sunday morning while my friend was working he recieved a call from the the girl's mom who hit me....asking a bunch of questions..WERID uh? Out of all the people she talked to my friend who knew about the accident!
So I called my insurance guy and he said I could still make a claim without a report. Thank God for AAA!!! They are the best.

No comments: