Thursday, February 5, 2009

Getting Healthy

A few of you know I have been working on getting healthy. The old saying that you eat what you want in your 20's and work on being healthy to live longer in your 30's is for sure true with me. I declared 2009 is the year of me.....while in my head that sounds selfish "all about me" I really am focusing on lossing this weight I have put on over the last 10 years or so....I have always had a weight issues since a teenager. Being told you are fat and ugly probably did not help the matter when I was a teen. I have put those behind me and I am moving on. One of my favorite things to do is serve others...so while I said I was focusing on me this year..I have also purchased (thanks to my wonderful supporting husband) an Ionic Foot Detox Machine! I not only get to detox my family but I get to detox others and make them feel good. I love it and I love serving them! It is a win win for me and them!

I am doing Medical Weight Loss for my weight program. I have tried several over the years including: giving myself shots, weight watchers (3 times), some expensive program I do not even remember the name in East Lansing (I think it was called MPS?). I started getting very serious after Christmas break, even though I had joined the program early December. I am currently down 16 pounds and have a lot more to lose but they said if I stick to their program I will be down my 100 pounds I want to loss in 39 weeks!!! So I will have a new me by late summer early fall..I am so excited. I have been trying to work out every day and I rarely want to ever cheat on my food plan. I love the accountabilty of going to Medical Weight Loss 3 times a week. It is good to talk with someone and for them to weigh me. Thank you to my wonderful husband who has been such a suport and an encourager to me through all of this. I know he does not care how I look but just wants me to be healthy and happy all around..I am happy 90% of the time just having to deal with my weight issues...has been the other 10% of not being happy....Know what I mean?




2 comments:

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

You are doing an amazing job!!!!

J said...

Youre awesome Laur! Change the dark blue writing though, it is awful to try to read :)))) Love you!!