Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Since it is a Black Week at GM

They layed 2 people off in Jim's department today. It is now late in the afternoon and Jim has next been texting me or calling me..so I am waiting to hear how his 1:30pm meeting went with his department after they did the lay off's this morning....no word....I am staying calm...

I have been on the phone with my dad and asking him about life on the farm if Jim does happen to loss his job. Dad came up with a plan that I think I like that thought of! He said we could move into their house (my childhood house that my parents built brand new when I was born) it is a large 4 bedroom with an unfinished basement that we could finish and maybe turn into another bedroom so each boy could have their own rooms! It has 2 1/2 baths and a 2 car garage plus it sits on 40 acres! I think I would enjoy living where I grew up. So then my parents would build a house on my grandparents farm in the middle of the woods (it has always been my mom's dream to live in a log cabin in the woods). We could all work together and develop my dad's current organic cow business he has been working on for a few years. I love marketing so it would be fun for me to market his business! Jim would be so happy he could deer hunt whenever he wanted, during deer season. I would be happy to have Jim home with me a lot and the boys would go to school where I went to school in good ole hickville as we call it..LOL

So with that said..it is good to have a back up plan just in case Jim were to come home today or another day and tell me he lost his job at GM. :)

No comments: