Sunday, October 26, 2008

So Proud of Devin!!

Tonight, I had tears in my eyes. We were invited by our neighbors to join them at their church, Mt. Hope, Church with all the flags. So we went. There was a speaker who was celebrating his 60th year in the ministry. Some might know him and his wife from cable tv with a Christian show? Jack Van Impe. Anyway, he spoke on end times and the 7 signs and how he believes we are in the end times..he kept speaking on different groups over the years on they all believe Dec. 28, 2012 might be the date...(weird that day will be the day after Jim's 40th) anyway..Jack was amazing with knowing scripture...he spoke and quoted and never used any notes..it was blowing me away.

So...at the end Dave Williams, Mt. Hope pastor did an alter call. He had anyone who wanted to say a prayer asking Jesus into their lives and then go up front. Guess who ask Christ into his life tonight?! Devin!!!! He said "mom will you go up front with me?" I said of course..keeping the tears back. I was so proud. I have always felt God is going to do amazing things in his life. I really know it now. I love you Devin!

1 comment:

The MessyBlessyMomma said...

Way to go Devin. Laura, without your direction he wouldn't be the boy he is where he is. Someday, he'll understand the gift you and Jim gave him in CHOOSING his life to foster, grow and love. Thank you again from an adoptee who is old enough to understand. Give Devin a hug and kiss for me!