Thursday, December 11, 2008

First Day on the job was AWESOME

I was so happy yesterday morning at 8am as I was driving to the Department of Human Services Office for my first official "first day" on the Foster Care Review Board. I was so excited to think that I was dressed in my professional clothes again and did not have that mom look..well..except I still had my mini van with all 4 car seats in it..so I guess that still made me look like a mom..LOL

We dove right into case readings and I was assigned my first case. We started seeing cases right at 10am and stopped for lunch then went right back at seeing cases. It was truely amazing. We saw cases ranging from parents coming in, to just caseworkers, to an entire room full of caseworkers, counselors, grandparents, siblings, etc..it was amazing. That case took me in awe...I only felt like adopting 1 little boy who was almost 9. My heart went out to him. I loved being there for every minute. I left the office at 4pm. Then headed to my PTO meeting the night at the school and I had to take Devin to Basketball after that..it was a long but awesome day. I will look forward to doing it again next month!!!

2 comments:

The MessyBlessyMomma said...

Congrats Laura. You will totally change and impact children's lives forever :)

Laura said...

Thanks Ellie, you are so sweet. Hugs!