Sunday, August 17, 2008

God Reveals Our Future!

I will try not to make this to long and detailed...last weekend was my breaking point. I cried all weekend. I was so sad I could not stop crying. Jim was beside himself because those who know me..I am always so happy and I love to smile! I really did not know what was causing me to cry all weekend..you see I am not very emotional...I never have PMS so what was happening? I was not sure where Jim and I were heading..I was sad to think that my desire for Jim to be retired by now has not happened, I was sad that my parents do not seem to interestd in our boys, etc..

Here is what God revealed to me today at church because of Steve Somerlot's message..if you did not hear it go to www.rivchurch.com it was amazing! You can actually download it to your ipod somehow....(I am still old school and do not own one..yet!)Steve was talking about Moses and his life and how Moses' was there for such a huge moment in time that it turned history...listen to the message..anyway he said God will show us opportunities in our life on how he will use us but he will only reveal those times to us when we know just how BIG he is..Our opportunities will get bigger and bigger the more we are ready to handle them and the bigger God is to us..(the more we know about him, have a relationship with him, etc...) This HIT me hard.

You see....2 years ago God was really starting to lay it on my heart about going up north and doing a church plant with Riverview. I actually spoke with Steve about this then..but was not sure of our future and when Jim was going to retire.....needless to say 2 years have past and WOW, have those 2 years been busy...when I talked with Steve we did not even have a clue about getting our 3 boys that came a few months later...we had no clue on where God would want us to live, or anything..it just fell into our laps! Since moving to Holt I have really enjoyed it but have sensed that we will not stay here for long..I could never picture the boys attending the HUGE high school (since we grew up in hickville)..I just never felt like we would be here long..I now know why!

Just last night I was telling Jim how I still want to move north to do that church plant...Today Steve talked about opportunities to serve..one of those was church plants!! God told me that we are almost ready to go on that church plant..just a little while longer here in Holt to finish some things up! Jim will be retired by the time we go in the next couple of years and that is what we are called to DO! I am so excited. My heart is SO HAPPY! I feel like everything has been lifted off my shoulders and I am FREE!

There is a reason why Jim and I became involved with a leadership development business 4 years ago. I am so proud of him for the man he has become over the last 4 years. His leadership skills are amazing and I am in awe of him every time he speaks! The way he leads people to be the best they can be and you can tell he really loves people. As a recovering engineer this is huge! He was never a people person...he has developed in so many ways I am so proud to be his wife and I love him dearly! I can not wait to see where he takes our family!!!

oh and guess what? My mom even called me on Saturday asking us to get together with them so they could see our boys! Jim and I were in shock!!! God is working...

No comments: